Becoming a Certified Performance and Sport Scientist (CPSS).
Fulfill one of the following Education and Professional Experience Routes:
Doctoral Degree Route: A doctorial degree in Sport Science or a closely related field.
Master’s Degree Route: A master’s degree in Sport Science or a closely related field AND twelve weeks of applied experience(480 hours).
- Asignificant scientific research experience derived from sport or tactical settings, including thesis, peer-reviewed publication, honors project, or academic research projects.
- A significant applied practitioner experience in a closely related field, including internships, fellowships, graduate assistantships, or full-time professional roles.
- A combination of the above academic or professional based research experience AND applied practitioner experience.
Bachelor’s degree AND three years of full-time experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in Sport Science or a closely related field.
- A bachelor’s degree in an unrelated field, but with documentation of formal coursework in specific areas underlying Sport Science practice including Biomechanics, Physiology, Psychology, Nutrition, Strength and Conditioning, Research Methods and Statistics
- Qualifying full-time experience requires being actively involved in a formal Sport Science related professional role on a comprehensive full-time basis beyond the internship level.